Who are RISC OS Open Limited?
RISC OS Open Limited (ROOL) manages the source code to RISC OS. We are an organisation run on a largely voluntary basis. We also offer professional services to anyone who is interested in developing commercial products using the ARM architecture and RISC OS. You can find out more information about us here.
What is RISC OS?
RISC OS is a computer operating system designed in Cambridge, England by Acorn. First released in 1987, its origins can be traced back to the original team that developed the ARM microprocessor. RISC OS is owned by Castle Technology Ltd. You can find out more at sites such as RISCOSCode, riscos.info, The Icon Bar, risc/pi and RISCOSitory.
If you are new to RISC OS, you might want to look at the introductory pages in our wiki here.
Latest news: Headlines
- Pico now even smaller (06-Apr-2015)
- Raspberry Pi release RC14 (28-Feb-2015)
- 2×Pi×r … Pi 2 Release Available Now (20-Feb-2015)
- Essential guide to stylish development (20-Feb-2015)
- ROOL CVS: Fix time warp caused by TWL6030 RTC being set running before a valid time has been programmed (16-Apr-2015)
- ROOL CVS: Extended assembler for ARMv6/v7 instructions (14-Apr-2015)
- ROOL CVS: Initial CVS binary commit test (13-Apr-2015)
- ROOL CVS: Directory /home/rool/cvsroot/castle/RiscOS/Sources/Programmer/BASIC/Tests/ARMv6v7 added to the repository (13-Apr-2015)