Who are RISC OS Open Limited?
RISC OS Open Limited (ROOL) manages the source code to RISC OS. We are an organisation run on a largely voluntary basis. We also offer professional services to anyone who is interested in developing commercial products using the ARM architecture and RISC OS. You can find out more information about us here.
What is RISC OS?
RISC OS is a computer operating system designed in Cambridge, England by Acorn. First released in 1987, its origins can be traced back to the original team that developed the ARM microprocessor. RISC OS is owned by Castle Technology Ltd. You can find out more at sites such as RISCOSCode, riscos.info, The Icon Bar, My RISC OS and RISCOSitory.
If you are new to RISC OS, you might want to look at the introductory pages in our wiki here.
Latest news: Headlines
- Birthday celebration (15-Apr-2014)
- RISC OS Open at the South West Show tomorrow (28-Feb-2014)
- Meteoric Return to RISC OS (25-Feb-2014)
- More awards for RISC OS Open (26-Jan-2014)
- ROOL CVS: Fix for missing window backgrounds/scroll bars when tiled sprite op not supported (19-Apr-2014)
- ROOL CVS: Fix a couple of disassembler flow analysis mistakes (18-Apr-2014)
- ROOL CVS: Remove CMOS check code from GraphicsV_StartupMode (18-Apr-2014)
- ROOL CVS: Fix *WimpMode/Wimp_SetMode to return an error when given a bad mode selector block. Re-read configured mode on Sevice_Reset. (18-Apr-2014)