Who are RISC OS Open Limited?
RISC OS Open Limited (ROOL) manages the source code to RISC OS. We are an organisation run on a largely voluntary basis. We also offer professional services to anyone who is interested in developing commercial products using the ARM architecture and RISC OS. You can find out more information about us here.
What is RISC OS?
RISC OS is a computer operating system designed in Cambridge, England by Acorn. First released in 1987, its origins can be traced back to the original team that developed the ARM microprocessor. RISC OS is owned by Castle Technology Ltd. You can find out more at sites such as RISCOSCode, riscos.info, The Icon Bar, risc/pi and RISCOSitory.
If you are new to RISC OS, you might want to look at the introductory pages in our wiki here.
Latest news: Headlines
- Raspberry Pi release RC14 (28-Feb-2015)
- 2×Pi×r … Pi 2 Release Available Now (20-Feb-2015)
- Essential guide to stylish development (20-Feb-2015)
- Cut and Paste. Cut and Paste. (18-Feb-2015)
- ROOL CVS: Fix for DDE_ThrowbackSend failing on 26 bit systems when a prefix is set (29-Mar-2015)
- ROOL CVS: Block move (29-Mar-2015)
- ROOL CVS: Fix OS_Byte 19 getting stuck if it’s called just before the screen blanker activates. Add new OS_ReadSysInfo reason code for determining IIC bus count. (29-Mar-2015)
- ROOL CVS: Archive of docs for stripnulls (29-Mar-2015)