RISC OS Open at the Wakefield Show
Posted by Steve Revill Wed, 18 Apr 2012 22:20:00 GMT
This year, as ever, ROOL are very pleased to say we will be heading North to attend the Wakefield Show on Saturday 28th April. We’re looking forward to seeing everyone there, whether you’re a veteran of the RISC OS scene or a newcomer.
Things are moving swiftly in all sorts of areas at the moment and ROOL hopes to be able to demonstrate some of the highlights to illustrate quite how many exciting things are just around the corner for RISC OS users. Here are some of the things we’re hoping to bring:
- RaspberryPi running a RISC OS port (with any luck). We hope to have both a production hardware sample and one of the “alpha” development boards
- A pre-release version of a native RISC OS SD filing system (SDFS) and related software
- Beagleboards running the latest and greatest RISC OS (with lots of recent improvements)
- An assortment of laptops running RISC OS under emulation
On top of all that, we’ll also bring a range of ROOL-branded goodies for people to buy and show their support:
- Native RISC OS “boot” USB sticks
- PC-formatted RISC OS “emulation” USB sticks
- CMOS widgets for Beagleboard and Pandaboard
- The latest RISC OS native Desktop Development Environment
Don’t forget to bring all of your RISC OS 5-related questions along with you!